All dogs entering Barn Hunt Association trials are required to have a registration number before entering. Your dog’s correct registration number must be listed on the entry form. The registration fee is $26, and is a lifetime fee for that dog (there are no annual fees in Barn Hunt, nor do we charge a membership fee for dog owners). Dogs entered without a number and dogs with incorrect numbers will not receive qualifying scores at any Barn Hunt trial.
Registering your dog with Barn Hunt does not enter that dog into any trial. To enter a trial, contact the Trial Secretary of the trial you wish to enter for a Premium and Entry Form. Once registered, you can also use the “Create Entry” feature in the Register to fill out a form to enter a trial. However, that form must also be printed and snail-mailed with the trial entry fee to the appropriate trial secretary of the trial you wish to enter.
To register your dog, click on the link below and create a new account, then add up to 5 dogs. Once you have paid your registration, your Barn Hunt numbers will be generated for you immediately.
Your dog’s registration will be used for the lifetime of that dog. You do not have to be a “Barn Hunt Member” to enter a trial; the BHA does not require owners to have a membership. Registration fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Manage Your dogs through the Register
If you registered a dog in 2013 and have not yet accessed the new Registration Management System, click on the link below. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. Login with the email you used when you originally registered your dog. The last four digits of the phone number you used is your password. Change your password immediately.
You may now view your dogs by clicking on Dogs. Click on the call name to see the trial records for that dog. You may also change and edit your personal information. Click to Add a dog if you wish to register another dog.
Once you have accessed the new system once, simply use your login and password to access your records at any time.
Other Register Tools
Using the Register, you can also do the following tasks:
- Add up to five dogs at once
- Find events in your area and search for events within a certain mile radius of your home.
- Create mail-in entry forms automatically populated with your and your dog’s data (note, these forms are to be printed and mailed to the event secretary; filling out an entry form will not enter you in any event)
- Find and review your qualifying scores on all of your dogs
- Edit your dog information (some limits apply such as transferring ownership or adding non BHA titles)
- Download and view/print/email your award certificates
- Apply to become a Club
- Apply to become a Judge
- Find BH related merchandise on Algernon’s List
- Add a rat to the Rat Gallery
Barn Hunt judges and Club Admins have many additional tools to use.